Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mobo Stikes Out On His Own

Mobo grew and thrived and became very adept at negotiating the trees. On the morning of July 5, 2009, Mike left for Hawaii to visit his family. I was going to hold down the fort for three weeks. That afternoon, I took Mobo out to the stand of trees where we let him romp and jump to his hearts content. I noticed a few other monkeys in the area, but didn't think much about it.
An hour later, I went out to collect my little charge, but he was not in sight. I called and called and it was getting dark.
I could not find him. I was distraught. I finally went in the house and cried for my little baby monkey.

The next morning I went out again and looked for him. I morbidly thought if I at least found a body, I would know for sure. Still, I found nothing. I could only hope that he left with the other young monkeys I had noticed and was okay.

A couple of weeks later I was walking back from a visit with vegetable guy who delivered on Monday and noticed a troupe of young monkeys in the trees overhead. I stopped and was watching them when one young monkey stopped right over head and he was watching me! To my great surprise, he started sucking his thumb!!! There was no doubt in my mind that it was Mobo. I called him in the odd little clicking sound I made when I wanted him to come to me. He looked at me and he looked at the other monkeys. He looked at me for a long time and then jumped back to join the other others who were by this time moving on through the jungle. I stood there for a long time filled with relief that he appeared okay and sadness because I still missed him. But all in all, we succeeded in introducing him back to his enviroment. We have seen him several times on the deck when he would return and take bananas out of our hands. None of the other monkeys haved dared come so close. But our little Mobo had no problem with it.
The experience with Mobo was a happy one and one I will never forget.

4 comments:

  1. What a bittersweet story... on the one hand I have empathy for your sense of loss... but on the other hand I know how proud you must be that your little one is reintroduced to his natural environment and has found a Home among a troupe of his own kind. Glad he still visits from time to time... we've had feral & stray cats like that, they join the Family for a brief time and then the call of the Open Road wins out & they leave... sometimes some of them have return often & others have moved on to unknown destinies.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, what a charming and fascinating story here about little Mobo!
    And I see sweet Anita is a friend...
    Thank you Jude, for coming by my blog and following :)
    I have read your blog entries with great interest, these little monkey are amazing! I especially loved reading that some stop by to kiss and pet the babies!!? Oh my. We could learn something from them, I think..
    Wishing you a lovely day!
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete